Pembroke Digital Ambassadors
Become a Digital Ambassador and help Pembroke from the comfort of your own sofa!
We know how dedicated Pembroke Members are to the College and, as we launch The Time and The Place campaign, we wanted to ask for your help not only in raising funds but in raising awareness of the campaign and of the amazing things that happen at Pembroke.
Anyone, anywhere in the world, can help Pembroke in this way (as long as you have the internet and use some form of social media) and you can do so from the comfort of your own sofa, while you have your feet up, drinking a hot chocolate. We want every Pembroke Member to be involved in The Time and The Place campaign, and here’s one way you can help.
What does the role involve?
- Follow Pembroke on social media
- Share The Time and The Place campaign posts on social media and with your Pembroke friends and contemporaries. This might include our campaign video, exciting updates regarding the Mill Lane development, or videos of our academics discussing their world-changing research
- Promote Pembroke crowdfunding projects to your networks, particularly any projects with relevant topics to your area of work/interest
- Mentor students running crowdfunding projects by keeping them on track, prompting them to post updates and giving them feedback on their project page
- Convince at least two friends to make a gift (or at least to share the message) on Giving Tuesday by getting in touch over social media or email
- Participate in any digital campaigns Pembroke runs, such as by joining in with a Pembroke hashtag on Twitter
- Suggest ideas to us about how we can improve our digital presence and engage more people online.
Who can become a Digital Ambassador?
Anyone who knows and loves Pembroke, and who wants to give their time in this way, can become a Digital Ambassador. This is a particularly good way for alumni based overseas to volunteer their time on behalf of the College, as more traditional volunteer methods may be difficult from abroad. If you have a good social media following, or if you are influential in your field, even better!