Financial Markets and Institutions
This course is an introduction to the theory and principles of international financial markets and institutions. It covers basic theory and operation of financial systems from an economist’s viewpoint. A practical approach is adopted in this course through the use of case studies and real life examples.
- Howells, P., and K. Bain (2007), Financial Markets and Institutions, 5th ed. Financial Times/ Prentice Hall. ISBN: 0273709194
- Pilbeam, K. (2010), Finance and Financial Markets 3rd ed. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN: 023023321X
- Valdez, S. and P. Molyneux (2010), An Introduction to Global Financial Markets, , 6th ed. Palgrave Macmillan.. ISBN: 0230243096.
- Mishkin, F. and S. Eakins (2008), Financial Markets and Institutions, 6th ed. Pearson Education. ISBN: 0321552113
- Coursework (Individual Project): 45%
- Examination: 45%
- Participation: 10%
Lecture Hours: 12 x 1hour 15 minutes (total 15 hours)
Seminar Hours: 8 x 1 hour 15 minutes (total 10 hours)