You are strongly advised to read the following information carefully if you are intending to apply for the Spring Semester Programme 2020.
The inclusive Spring Semester Programme Fee consists of the University Fee, the Programme Fee and the Housing Fee for two Cambridge terms – Lent (January to March) and Easter (April to June) terms.
The Fee is payable by all programme participants. If you are an EU citizen then you may be able to pay a reduced fee, providing certain conditions are met.
Please note that 15% of the total Spring Semester Programme Fee (£31,662) is required as a non-refundable deposit to secure a place on the Programme and that all fees paid are non-refundable.
If you are in receipt of Financial Aid and are expecting your funding to be credited to your bank account after you have arrived in the UK, we would strongly advise that you speak to your bank before you travel to discuss the best way to pay your fees to Pembroke College. Some students have experienced difficulties in trying to transfer such a large sum of money due to set daily limits on their bank account. If you discuss this with your bank beforehand it will make the payment process much smoother and reduce failed payment attempts.
Pembroke College does not offer any scholarships for Spring Semester students.
The list below provides a complete breakdown of costs. You should budget for an additional sum to cover food, travel and personal expenditures.
Spring Semester 2020 Programme Fees
All payments to Pembroke will be made in British pounds. To calculate of the cost in other currencies please visit the XE currency conversion.
University Fee: £13,438
This fee covers:
– Matriculation as a full member of the University of Cambridge
– Access to the Cambridge University Library
– Access to departmental and faculty libraries and archives
– Access to relevant lectures, seminars and reading groups
– Membership of the University of Cambridge alumni network
– Access to University societies, clubs and events
– Access to University social and sports facilities
– Access to University support and welfare systems, including counselling services
Programme Fee: £13,608
This fee covers:
- Tuition and academic and welfare support
– Matriculation as a full member of Pembroke College
– Thorough pre-arrival academic and practical advice and information
– Comprehensive orientation and induction week
– Tuition for two intensive Cambridge-style papers (= courses) over two terms, normally in the form of one-on-one tutorials with an expert in your field, usually 12 US credits per paper and including assessment and transcript
– Opportunity to undertake an individual research project in the form of a dissertation in place of a standard supervision
– Comprehensive feedback on your supervision assignments or your dissertation project
– College-based individual academic and study support with personal Director of Studies
– College-based pastoral support with personal Tutor
– College-based welfare and medical support, including daily medical surgery on weekdays
– Practical support and advice throughout, including dedicated Spring Semester Co-ordinator
- College facilities
– A 35% discount on all meals in the College
– College membership and integration with undergraduate students
– Access to College-based clubs, societies, choir and events
– Membership of the Junior Parlour
– Access to all College facilities, including library, gym and servery
- Social programme
– Arrival event and dinner
– First Formal Hall
– Two programme outings
– Two receptions with the Master of Pembroke College
– Evening dinner with a dinner speaker, supervisors and the Master of Pembroke College
– Garden Party with supervisors, Directors of Studies and Tutors
– Pembroke alumni and Circle membership
– Cambridge-style group photo with Master of Pembroke College
Housing Fee*: £4616
Rooms vary in size, location, amenities and distance from the main teaching and lecture venues.
This fee covers:
– 23 weeks’ continuous accommodation in a single occupancy room in regular Cambridge College student accommodation
– Provision of linen (bedding and towels)
– Room cleaning service once a week
– Communal area cleaning service daily
*You are also required to pay a refundable caution deposit of £350 and a linen deposit of £50.