Future of the Library
We at Pembroke are always looking to improve our Library so that it will better serve its students and the wider community.
A number of projects that we are currently looking at are:
- Refashioning the entrance to the College Library to modernise the sliding doors and provide greater protection against the weather.
- Converting our microfilm collection to a more user-friendly format and making this more accessible.
- Digitising more of our unique historic collection, especially those items which are in pencil and fading, for example some of our Thomas Gray material.
- Creating a gallery in the College’s Art Library to house and provide easy access to the College’s growing collection of books on the History of Art.
- Cataloguing our Rare Book collection of roughly 30,000 books to make them more accessible to the wider academic community.