- Food and drink (apart from bottled water) and bottles of ink, are prohibited in the Library.
- Water must not be kept anywhere near the computers.
- Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes, which produce water vapour) is not permitted anywhere in the Library building.
- Books must not be marked; this includes post-it notes. Readers who lose or damage books may be required to pay the full cost of replacement.
- Mobile phone conversations are not permitted in the Library.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum. Because of the acoustics in the Library, noise travels and makes it difficult for staff and students to concentrate.
- If you come across any kind of mess in the Library, then you must alert a member of the staff on duty.
- The Library is for the use of resident members only. All visitors, including contractors, should report to the Porter’s Lodge in the first instance.
- While using the Library, you must abide by the instructions of the Librarian and any of her staff.
- The Librarian is empowered to refer anyone who breaches the rules to their Tutor and/or the Proctor.