Scholarships and Bursaries
The College has substantial funding to enable the best students to come to or continue in Cambridge for postgraduate study. Part of this funding is being used by the College in joining the University in exciting new schemes of matched funding. The College also offers a number of additional awards. All awards are to be held at Pembroke College and all candidates are expected to apply for all other funding for which they are eligible.
Pembroke Graduate Awards are conditional on the selected students being admitted as a registered Graduate Student by the Board of Graduate Studies with effect from 1 October each academic year.
Joint awards with the University
- The College is offering 3 Newton/CHESS Pembroke MPhil studentships (total value of each £12,000/each). These awards are available to Home/EU students. Applications should be made via the GRADSAF.
Deadline 31 January 2016
- The College is contributing towards the cost of 6 AHRC funded awards, 2 of which will be in History of Art (Lander Studentship). Eligibility criteria are available here. Applications should be made via the GRADSAF.
***Deadline 10th January 2016***
- The College is contributing towards the cost of 2 CHESS funded awards. Applications should be made via the GRADSAF.
Deadline 31 January 2016
- The Davis McCaughey Scholarship (restricted to Australian Nationals). Further details available here.
- The Boustany Scholarship in Astronomy. Further details available here.
Pembroke Funded Graduate awards
- Pembroke MPhil Studentships. These offer Pembroke undergraduates intending to remain at Pembroke to study for an MPhil 50% of the cost of fees (at the basic, Home/EU rate) and 50% of the standard maintenance allowance (pro rata adjusted for a nine or twelve month course). Further information and selection criteria are available here.
To apply for any of the following awards please complete the online form by 31st January 2016.
- The College is offering, should an outstanding candidate present themselves, 1 fully funded PhD studentship covering fees (at the Home/EU rate) and maintenance with no restriction as to subject.
- The College has a number of smaller bursaries which range in value from £2,500 – £5,000 in the following subjects Arabic and Islamic Studies (including Persian), Law, Theology, Physics, Bio-Medical Sciences (next available 2018)
Masters degree in Corporate Law (The MCL)
The Richard Sykes QC Studentship in Corporate Law will provide full fees and maintenance for a student from a financially disadvantaged background undertaking the Masters Degree in Corporate Law (MCL) at the University of Cambridge. The successful candidate will become a member of Pembroke College, where the studentship will be held. Further information is available here.
To apply for the Richard Sykes QC Studentship in Corporate Law please complete the application form. Deadline for applications: 15 January 2016.
Interviews will be held for the studentship.
If you have any additional questions please contact Mrs Frances Kentish, the Secretary for Graduate Admissions.