Subject Masterclasses (Year 12)
Are you a year 12 student, looking to get a deeper insight in to a subject you’re thinking of studying at University? If so, come along to one of our Subject Masterclasses!
Pembroke is excited to be offering a range of Subject Masterclasses in March and April 2018, giving attendees the opportunity to explore their subject in more depth, gain insight into what it is like to study at Cambridge, experience Pembroke College, and meet current staff and students. The sessions will also include a tour of the College, and an Admissions talk giving advice and guidance on how to maximise your chances in the admissions process.
Subjects on offer:
- Architecture (Monday 9th April, 2018)
- Biological Natural Sciences (Monday 9th April, 2018)
- Suitable for students interested in studying Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Ecology, Genetics, Zoology, and other options covered by Cambridge’s Natural Sciences (Biological) course
- Engineering (Saturday 24th March, 2018)
- History (Saturday 24th March, 2018)
- Human, Social and Political Sciences (Saturday 24th March, 2018)
- Suitable for students interested in studying Anthropology, Archaeology, Criminology, International Relations, Politics, Sociology, and other options covered by Cambridge’s Human, Social and Political Sciences course
- Medicine (Monday 9th April, 2018)
- Suitable for students interested in studying Medicine or Veterinary Medicine
- Saturday 24th March 2018; 13:00-16:45
- Monday 9th April 2018; 13:00-16:45
Applications have now closed. We regret that we are unable to accept any further applications.
There are a number of eligibility criteria that are considered when selecting successful applicants. Essential criteria include currently attending a state school, and being on track to achieve at least AAA at A level. Beyond these required criteria, priority will be given to students who met one or more of the following:
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Live in neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past six years
- Are from an ethnic group which is currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Are from Gypsy or Traveler communities
- Are a refugee
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Have a disability
- Attend a school in one of Pembroke College’s Link Areas.
The Year 12 Masterclasses are free of charge for successful applicants. Students are expected to arrange their own travel to and from Pembroke, but Pembroke College will cover the cost of travel if a student is currently on free school
meals. If this applies to you, we will collect this information from the application form – though if you have any questions at all, please contact Kathryn Dillon (contact details below).
If you have any questions regarding the Year 12 Masterclasses, please contact Kathryn Dillon at email@example.com.