Year 12 BME event
Are you in year 12, attending a state school, and wondering whether Cambridge is the place for you? If so, then this BME event for students identifying as Black or from a Minority Ethnic group might be for you!
Pembroke College is delighted to be hosting an event specifically for students from Black and Minority Ethnic groups, who are currently in year 12. The event itself is being organised by the College’s undergraduates and aims to give prospective students a fuller understanding of the university, Pembroke, and the city, through a range of different sessions including:
- An admissions talk, delivered by Pembroke’s Admissions Tutor
- A debate (subject TBC)
- The opportunity to meet current students and hear about their experiences of Cambridge – both as a university and a city
- …and more!
If you are interested in attending, please see the further information below, and we hope to see you at Pembroke soon!
- Monday 12th February, 2018, 10:00-15:00
Free! There may also be support with travel costs for students, dependent on certain eligibility criteria; this information will be collected from your application form.
Applications for this event have now closed. Unfortunately we are unable to accept late applications.
There are a number of eligibility criteria that will be considered when selecting successful applicants. Essential criteria include currently attending a state school, and being on track to achieve a minimum of AAB at A level.
Beyond these required criteria, priority will be given to students who meet one or more of the following:
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Live in neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Attend a school with low progression rates to higher education
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past six years
- Are from an ethnic group which is currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Are from Gypsy or Traveler communities
- Are a refugee
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Have a disability
- Attend a school in one of Pembroke College’s Link Areas.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the College’s student Access Officer, Antonia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.