Teacher Study Visits
Teachers are warmly invited to stay at Pembroke on our Teacher Study Visit Scheme. Each year there will be a choice of two one-week periods during the Summer Vacation during which teachers will be able to visit us and reside in College free of charge, enabling them to access library resources across Cambridge and engage academically with fellows at Pembroke. Details of the Scheme are as follows:
- Space exists for 10 state school teachers who are coming to Cambridge to undertake academic and/or professional research.
- Teachers from all UK state schools are welcome to apply. Priority will be given to those from schools from whom we have not had previous teacher visitors.
- Each visit will normally be a one-off, meaning that the same teacher cannot come twice. Ordinarily no school will be able to have a teacher accepted on to the scheme more than twice every five years.
- Each teacher will have a fellow of Pembroke in their own subject area who will act as a point of contact and information for them. Admission to the scheme will depend on the availability of fellows for the week in question.
- Throughout their week with us, participants will also be able meet tutors and members of the admissions team to find out more about supporting their students’ applications to Cambridge.
- It is envisaged that a gathering of visiting teachers will take place during the week to provide an opportunity to share experiences, best practice and skills.
Single accommodation for 2017 is available as follows:
Arrive Sunday 23rd July, depart Saturday 29th July
To apply, teachers must provide a statement explaining what they plan to do during their visit and this should be accompanied by a letter of support from the head of school or college. Teachers with responsibilities at sixth-form level are particularly welcome to apply, and priority is given to teachers coming from schools or colleges where we have had little contact in the past. Applicants should indicate which dates they wish to stay.
Applications should be sent by 30 April 2017 either by email to: email@example.com, or posted to the Admissions Office, Pembroke College, Cambridge CB2 1RF