The Library rules are in place to ensure that all readers can enjoy a safe, quiet, and comfortable study environment and to ensure that study materials are available to future generations. Please be considerate of your fellow readers when working in the Library.
- The Library is for the use of current students, Fellows, and staff of Pembroke College. All visitors, including contractors, should report to the Porter’s Lodge in the first instance.
- You are welcome to bring resealable bottles of water into the Library. No other food or drink is permitted, nor are bottles of ink. This is to prevent damage to Library books and the building.
- If your study breaks involve smoking, please use the designated smoking areas in the College grounds. Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere in the Library building.
- The Library is a quiet study space. Please keep noise to an absolute minimum, put your phones on silent, and take any mobile, Skype, Facetime, etc. conversations outside the building.
- Library materials are for the use of all students. They should be treated with care and not be marked or damaged in any way; even post-it notes may cause damage. You will be expected to pay for a replacement copy of any book you lose or damage.
- You are responsible for your library card and any items borrowed on it. This includes abiding by legal restrictions on the use of DVDs and other audiovisual materials.
- You may photocopy and scan materials only in accordance with current copyright guidelines. Information is posted in the Library; please consult a member of staff if you have any questions.
- If there is a problem with anything in the building, please notify a member of Library staff so that we can resolve it.
- While using the Library, you must abide by the instructions of the Librarian and any of her staff.
- Library staff may require you to leave the Library if you are behaving in an inappropriate manner. The Librarian is empowered to refer anyone who breaches the rules to their Tutor and/or the Proctor.