Welcome letter from The Dean
Welcome to Pembroke and to the Chapel
Congratulations and Welcome! I am very much looking forward to meeting you at the beginning of this coming term. Pembroke College is a supportive, enjoyable and purposeful community, and we look forward to having you as part of it.
- The Chapel is undoubtedly the most lovely, spiritual and peaceful place in the College. It is open 24 hours a day for all College members.
- We hold beautiful musical services on Wednesday and Sunday, sung by College students and others. We also host the excellent University Gospel Choir.
- We engage actively with the wider world
- cooperating with immigrant churches in Cambridge
- campaigning for Migrants and Refugees
- combating inequality in the London with Pembroke House,
- working alongside people with learning disabilities.
- We aim to give an open and fair account of how we find Faith life-enhancing and true.
I shall meet you in the first few days, at my Tea Party on Sunday 30th September, at your Dean’s meeting on Monday or Tuesday, and at your Matriculation Service.
Here are some blog posts about Chapel and related things.
The all Female Bach-a-thon.
The Pembroke Iftar.
The Cycle Ride for Refugee Academics.
Pembroke House, our linked Community in London.
I look forward to meeting you. If you want to be in touch before you arrive please do contact me on email@example.com