College bills are issued quarterly, covering room rent and other fixed charges for the coming quarter, and the cost of meals etc. taken in the previous quarter. Your College bill will most likely show charges for:
N.B. All prices/rents quoted are for 2018/19 and will increase in 2019/20
- Room rent (where applicable). This includes background heating, electricity and ethernet. Rents range from £95-£140/week.
- Vacation Rent. This is payable by students for extra residence over and above the three termly rental periods. If you come into residence prior to the 5 October 2019 then you will be charged a nightly pro rata rent for your room.
- Kitchen Overhead Charge (KFC) of £168/term for students living in College-owned accommodation and £82/term for students who live in private accommodation. This charge is consequent upon membership of the College, and is not related to actual use of the facilities of the Hall and Buttery in any term.
- Meals bought in the buttery are paid for using your meal account and accessed using your University card. You are allowed to accumulate up to £100 of debt on this account each term. You may need to pay into the account to keep it within this limit. At the end of each term any debit or credit balance on the meal account is transferred to your main College bill.
- Formal Hall is currently charged at £9.70; there is a charge of £15.00 for guests. These meals are also paid for using your meal account.
- Personal incoming faxes are charged at 22p a sheet. Outgoing faxes are charged at 22p a sheet inland and 55p a sheet overseas.
Students who are privately funded will be emailed two bills shortly before their arrival at Pembroke which relate to:
- the Fee bill (to be paid before matriculation on 8th October 2019).
- the College bill
Any student who has Home Fee Status who has stated that you are paying all or an element of the £9,250 tuition fee then this will be shown on the College bill (a separate fee bill is not issued).