Pembroke Specific Financial Support
Pembroke Merit Awards
Students who achieve First Class Honours in any Tripos examination are awarded Scholarships of £250–£300 per year, and Prizes of between £250 and £300. Book grants of between £75 and £100 are awarded to those who do not get a First, but have a number of First Class marks on their papers. Pembroke participates in the Instrumental Awards Scheme.
Pembroke support for specific study-related costs, travel etc.
Pembroke also offers financial assistance, wherever possible, to students to help with specific study-related costs, course related travel and extramural activities. For example it:
- awards grants for students who remain in Cambridge, for study purposes, outside of term;
- offers all students a book grant of up to £75 per year towards relevant course books;
- offers help towards the payment of music lessons;
- offers help towards additional language teaching where appropriate;
- offers travel grants for work-related trips;
- organises exchange schemes with other universities;
- awards grants for sports-related expenses for serious sportsmen and women;
- in some circumstances assists with the purchase of essential equipment for a course.
Pembroke College Hardship grants
Pembroke has a flexible scheme which offers extra funds to those who fall into proven genuine need, at any time during their course. Students will need to be prepared to discuss their financial circumstances with their Tutor; these discussions are confidential.
Further information is available here