You are likely to find that you are eligible for financial aid or travel grants from your home institution that you can put towards the cost of PKP, so it's worth checking with your study abroad office.
We also offer scholarship opportunities to undergraduate students from:
- The University of California
- The University of Hong Kong
The Pembroke College, Cambridge 1976 Scholarship
In recognition and celebration of its long association with the University of California (UC), Pembroke College offers up to six scholarships each year, in the form of £1,000 tuition waivers, to current UC undergraduate students. In 1976 the first UC students came to Pembroke through a connection with UC Irvine, and now many students from across the UC system take part in PKP each year.
How to apply
To apply for a 1976 Scholarship you should complete the application form available through the online application system. To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be in the second year or above of your first University of California undergraduate degree at the time of application
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5, or equivalent
- Not have studied abroad during the course of your degree programme, i.e. if you are an international student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree course outside your home country you may apply, but if you have already had a short term study abroad experience (e.g. semester, exchange, or vacation programmes) you may not
- Have submitted a PKP programme application by 5.00pm UK local time on Wednesday, 11 January 2017
You must then submit your 1976 Scholarship application by 5.00pm UK local time on Thursday, 26 January 2017.
These scholarships are competitive and based on academic merit, so you should should inform your referees accordingly. We will communicate scholarship decisions by 15 February 2017. If you have an queries about the scholarships please contact the PKP Scholarship Committee.
The Pembroke-King's Summer Programme - HKU Scholarship
The Pembroke-King’s Programme – HKU Scholarship was created by the University of Hong Kong and Pembroke College to enable access to high quality academic experiences for outstanding students. Up to three scholarships are awarded each year to undergraduate students from the University of Hong Kong.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this scholarship you should
- have an outstanding record of scholarship (CGPA of at least 3.5) and extracurricular activity,
- have a clear reason for wishing to study on the Pembroke-King’s Programme (PKP),
- be in your second year of undergraduate study at the University of Hong Kong or above,
- and demonstrate personal qualities that will make you a good ambassador for HKU and PKP.
You will also be expected to take a supervision when you attend PKP. The shared aim of both institutions is to foster academic excellence and encourage personal development within a culturally diverse setting.