Year 12 BAME Access Day
Are you in year 12, attending a state school, and wondering whether Cambridge is the place for you? If so, then this BAME event for students identifying as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic group might be for you!
Pembroke College is delighted to be hosting an event specifically for students from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups, who are currently in year 12. The event itself is being organised by the College’s undergraduates and aims to give prospective students a fuller understanding of the university, Pembroke, and the city, through a range of different sessions including:
- An admissions talk, delivered by Pembroke’s Admissions Tutor
- Interview workshop
- The opportunity to meet current students and hear about their experiences of Cambridge – both as a university and a city
- …and more!
If you are interested in attending, please see the further information below; we hope to see you at Pembroke soon!
Monday 18th February 2019
Free! There may also be support with travel costs for students, dependent on certain eligibility criteria; this information will be collected from your application form.
To apply, please complete our online application form by no later than 8am on Wednesday, 16th January.
Please note that the application form asks for some sensitive personal information. You are not required to provide this to us, but, if you do, you will be consenting for us to use it for the following purposes: research projects and equalities monitoring (which may include relevant national research projects); managing any arrangements or adjustments that may be needed to help you participate fully in the event; assessing eligibility for this event.
There are a number of eligibility criteria that will be considered when selecting successful applicants. Essential criteria include currently attending a state school, identifying as being from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic group, and being on track to achieve a minimum of AAB at A level.
Beyond these required criteria, priority will be given to students who meet one or more of the following:
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Live in neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Attend a school with low progression rates to higher education
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past six years
- Are from an ethnic group which is currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Are from Gypsy or Traveler communities
- Are a refugee
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Have a disability
- Attend a school in one of Pembroke College’s Link Areas.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the College’s student Ethnic Minorities Officer at email@example.com.