Year 12 BAME Access Day
Are you in year 12, attending a state school, and wondering whether Cambridge is the place for you? If so, then this BAME event for students identifying as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic group might be for you!
Pembroke College is delighted to be hosting an event specifically for students from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups who are currently under-represented at Cambridge and in year 12. The event itself is being organised by the College’s undergraduates and aims to give prospective students a fuller understanding of the university, Pembroke, and the city, through a range of different sessions including:
- An admissions talk, delivered by Pembroke’s Admissions Staff
- Interview workshop
- The opportunity to meet current students and hear about their experiences of Cambridge – both as a university and a city
- …and more!
If you are interested in attending, please see the further information below; we hope to see you at Pembroke soon!
Monday 17th February 2020
Free! There may also be support with travel costs for students, dependent on certain eligibility criteria; this information will be collected from your application form.
Applications for 2020 have now closed.
There are a number of eligibility criteria that will be considered when selecting successful applicants. Essential criteria include currently attending a state school, identifying as being from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic group, and being on track to achieve a minimum of AAB at A level.
Beyond these required criteria, priority will be given to students who meet one or more of the following:
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Live in neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Attend a school with low progression rates to higher education
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past six years
- Are from an ethnic group which is currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Are from Gypsy or Traveler communities
- Are a refugee
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Have a disability
- Attend a school in one of Pembroke College’s Link Areas.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the College’s student Ethnic Minorities Officer at email@example.com.