Year 13 Northern Ireland Shadowing Scheme
Please note that applications have now closed for the 2019 event.
Are you a Year 13 state school student in Northern Ireland, and considering Cambridge? If so, then apply for our Shadowing Scheme for a chance to find out what it’s really like to study here!
Pembroke College and Corpus Christi College are delighted to be running a three night Shadowing Scheme for students living in Northern Ireland, giving successful applicants the opportunity to:
- Stay in College
- Meet current students
- Attend some lectures
- Find out more about Cambridge – both as a city, and a university
Students who gain a place on this residential will be partnered with a current student whilst they are here with us, to get a real insight in to what life is like at Pembroke and Cambridge.
- Sunday 3rd – Wednesday 6th February 2019
Applications have now closed for 2019.
There are a number of eligibility criteria that are considered when selecting successful applicants. Essential criteria include studying A levels that are conducive to the degree you are hoping to apply for, currently attending a state school, and having a minimum of five 6-9 (or A*-B) grades at GCSE.
Beyond these required criteria, priority will be given to students who meet one or more of the following:
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Live in neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past five years
- Are from an ethnic group which is currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Are from Gypsy or Traveler communities
- Are a refugee
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Have a disability
The Northern Ireland Shadowing Scheme is free of charge for successful applicants.
If you have any questions regarding the Northern Ireland Shadowing Scheme, please contact Kathryn Dillon at email@example.com.
If you have any other queries regarding visiting Cambridge, or Cambridge visiting you – or if you are a teacher or careers adviser who wishes to build a relationship with the university – please note that Cambridge operates an Area Links Scheme, providing a single point of contact for different regions. The Link College for Northern Ireland is Corpus Christi College.