Skip to main content

Graduate Welfare and Pastoral Support

There are various sources of support available to graduate students at Pembroke.

The Graduate Tutors

Each graduate is assigned a Graduate Tutor, a Fellow of the College who serves as a general advisor; someone outside the graduate’s academic discipline who can provide pastoral help and advice.  The Tutor will also represent their tutee’s interests when seeking further support from the College and the University.

The College Nurse

The College Nurse is in College daily and students suffering from minor illnesses and injuries can drop in to her surgery during specified hours or by appointment.  She provides advice on health related matters and support with management of chronic health conditions.

The Graduate Parlour

The Graduate Parlour Committee has a Welfare Officer who is there to help ensure that the welfare of graduate students is properly catered for by the College. It also runs (in conjunction with the undergraduate Junior Parlour Committee) a listening scheme, whereby a number of students (graduate and undergraduate) make themselves available to listen to the concerns of other students who are going through problems.

Outside of the College there are also numerous forms of support that are available to Pembroke graduates who are having problems, including the Cambridge University Counselling Service, and the Cambridge University Student Union

The College Nurse can help students register with a local medical doctor.

Click here for information about the support available within Pembroke for disabled students.