Our programme costs are divided into:
- Application Fee
- Tuition Fee
- Accommodation Fee
- (Optional) Independent Supervision Supplement
Application and tuition fees are fixed, but our accommodation comes in different price bands so you can choose a room type to best suit you and your budget.
See below for a clear breakdown of what each payment covers.
- Payments to Pembroke must be in British Pounds (GBP). Calculate your fees in other currencies
- The tuition fee and accommodation fee each needs to be paid in one installment.
- We recommend reading through our Terms and Conditions.
- Information for financial aid recipients
Pembroke-King’s Summer Programme Fees
Application Fee – £60
A non-refundable fee to cover the administration cost of processing applications.
Tuition Fee – £3,946
This non-refundable fee covers:
Teaching and Learning
- Tuition (excluding Independent Supervision Supplement – see below)
- Academic and pastoral support from the PKP Director and/or IP Director through daily drop-in advisory hours
- Full orientation, practical advice and information about the programme
- Comprehensive feedback on performance through mid-term essays or alternative assessment
- Access to libraries at Pembroke and King’s Colleges, and Engineering Department
- Three plenary lectures
- Social Sciences and Sciences study skills sessions
- Field trips and/or guest speakers on relevant courses
- Hard-copy transcript
- IT support, 24/7 access to computer facilities and Wi-Fi, plus £20 printing credit
- 24/7 pastoral and welfare support
- Onsite medical support, including drop-in medical surgery on weekdays
- Practical support and advice from the PKP team
If you choose the independent supervision option, recommended for students planning to complete a senior thesis or graduate studies, you pay a non-refundable supplement which covers:
- Opportunity to undertake an individual research project in place of one of the three lecture courses
- 1-to-1 academic supervision from an expert in your chosen field
- Comprehensive feedback on your project work
- Access to Cambridge University Library
- Academic support and advice
- Assessment of written work included on PKP transcript
This covers your room, meal plan, social programme and sports. Within the four price bands, the rooms vary in size, location, amenities and distance from the main lecture venue. There is also some variation between rooms within the same band.
Our team aims to confirm your preferred accommodation as soon as we receive your fee payment. Rooms are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, so we strongly advise you to apply early and pay promptly – especially if you opt for one of the lower price bands.
Whichever price band you choose, your fee includes:
Accommodation and Meals
- 6 weeks (43 nights) continuous residency in a single room at Pembroke or King’s College
- Meal plan with approx. 10 meals per week at your college of residence
- Three Formal Halls (formal dinners) with drinks reception
- Bedlinen and towels
- Weekly room cleaning
- Daily communal area cleaning
- Welcome reception and farewell event
Football, cricket, frisbee, tennis, jogging
Day visits to Ely, Grantchester and Wimpole
- Punting on the River Cam, museum visits, the Cambridge Shakespeare Festival
- Walking tours of Cambridge, Pembroke and King’s Colleges
Karaoke nights, trip to BBC proms, local live-music nights
Life-long Connection To Cambridge
- Membership of the Pembroke College Circle alumni network
*The accommodation fee is non-refundable if you are applying through the University of California EAP or Northeastern University.
If you have confirmation of financial aid from your institution then payment of tuition or accommodation fees can be deferred until the financial aid payment date upon receipt of a £600 non-refundable deposit. All fees must however be paid before the beginning of the summer programme.
If you are expecting to receive financial aid please send evidence of this to the PKP Programme Coordinator. If you have been awarded funding or financial aid by your institution and there are delays in this being released, please let us know so that your place on the programme can be secured.