English Language Requirements
As all classes on PKP are taught in English, a high level of fluency in English is a prerequisite for attending the programme.
If you are not a native English speaker and are not studying at an English-speaking university you will normally need to provide one of the following qualifications:
- GCSE in English Language/IGCSE English Language (as a first language): at grade C or above
- IELTS: normally a minimum overall grade of 7.0, usually with 7.0 in each element
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English: at grade A
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: at grade A or B
- TOEFL Paper Based Test: 627
- TOEFL Computer Based Test: 263
- TOEFL Internet Based Test: 107 (including a minimum of 25/30 in each component)
As part of my degree I have been assessed in English, do I need to provide a qualification?
If you have studied and been assessed in English at university level as part of your degree, excluding in English Language classes, you may not need to provide any further qualifications but you will have to supply a comprehensive course syllabus.
Likewise, if you have completed an academic course abroad with English as the language of instruction this may also satisfy our requirements.
How do I send proof of my fluency in English?
You can scan and send evidence of a high level of fluency in English to the PKP Programme Coordinator.