Skip to main content

Visa Information

If you are a national of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland you will require a short term study visa to do a short course of study at Cambridge. The visa entitles you to stay in the UK for study of up to six months.

If you arrive at Pembroke with a visitor visa, or without the correct immigration status for study purposes, the University cannot allow you to start your course. If you believe that you do not need to apply for a short term study visa, please inform the PKP Programme Coordinator immediately, giving reasons and providing a copy of any existing visa.

You are able to apply for a short term study visa if you are from outside the EEA and Switzerland and meet the other eligibility requirements:

  • You are aged 18 or over
  • You have been offered a place on a course at Cambridge and intend to leave the UK at the end of the study or at the end of the six months, whichever is sooner
  • You have evidence of sufficient money to support yourself, and pay for your return journey, without working or using help from public funds

Non-visa nationals

If you are a non-visa national, and the UKVI website informs you that you do not require a visa, you must present the short term study letter (and carry supporting documentation) at the UK border and request a short term study visa stamp in your passport, even if not prompted.

If you receive your immigration permission at the border you must ensure you are not given a standard visitor stamp.

Visa nationals

Visa nationals need to obtain a visa before travelling to the UK.

Once you receive a visa invitation letter from us you can apply for the short term study visa. This letter should be included in the supporting documentation for your application.

Please read the Home Office guide on other documents to include in your application. You should make the following selections on the application form to ensure that you apply for the correct visa:

What address do I provide?

If you're asked to provide the address where you will be staying during your time in Cambridge, please use the following: 

Pembroke College, Cambridge, CB2 1RF, United Kingdom.

Who is the accommodation officer?

If you're asked to provide details of the accommodation officer please use the following: 

Ms Rosie Lawrence, Pembroke College, Cambridge, CB2 1RF, United Kingdom. Telephone number: +44 (0)1223 761570.

Important visa information

Under no circumstances should you apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa to attend the Pembroke-King’s Summer Programme.

When will I receive my visa letter?

If you're confirmed to attend PKP, we usually begin to send visa invitation letters to you by early April.