Year 12 Subject Masterclasses
Are you a year 12 student, looking to get a deeper insight in to a subject you’re thinking of studying at University? If so, come along to one of our Subject Masterclasses!
Pembroke is excited to be offering a range of Subject Masterclasses in March 2019, giving attendees the opportunity to explore their subject in more depth, gain insight into what it is like to study at Cambridge, experience Pembroke College, and meet current staff and students. The sessions will also include a tour of the College, and an Admissions talk giving advice and guidance on how to maximise your chances in the admissions process.
Subjects on offer:
- Biological Natural Sciences (23rd March 2019)
- Suitable for students interested in studying Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Ecology, Genetics, Zoology, and other options covered by Cambridge’s Natural Sciences (Biological) course
- Classics (30th March 2019)
- Suitable for students interested in Classics, History, Ancient History, Classical Languages and other options covered by the Classics course.
- Computer Science (23rd March 2019)
- Education (30th March 2019)
- Suitable for students interested in studying Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy or History and how these subjects relate to Education
- Engineering (30th March 2019)
- Geography (23rd March 2019)
- Suitable for students interested in Human or Physical Geography
- Mathematics (date TBC)
- 23rd March 2019; 11:00-15:30
- 30th March 2019; 11:00-15:30
Applications for 2019 event's have now closed. Applications for 2020 events will open in early 2020.
Please note that the application form asks for some sensitive personal information. You are not required to provide this to us, but, if you do, you will be consenting for us to use it for the following purposes: research projects and equalities monitoring (which may include relevant national research projects); managing any arrangements or adjustments that may be needed to help you participate fully in the event; assessing eligibility for this event.
There are a number of eligibility criteria that are considered when selecting successful applicants. Essential criteria include currently attending a state school, and being on track to achieve at least AAA at A level. Beyond these required criteria, priority will be given to students who met one or more of the following:
- Have no parental history of higher education
- Live in neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Have been eligible for free school meals within the past six years
- Are from an ethnic group which is currently underrepresented at Cambridge
- Are from Gypsy or Traveler communities
- Are a refugee
- Have caring responsibilities for a family member
- Have a disability
- Attend a school in one of Pembroke College’s Link Areas.
The Year 12 Masterclasses are free of charge for successful applicants. Students are expected to arrange their own travel to and from Pembroke, but Pembroke College may be able to cover the cost of travel. We will contact you regarding this if you are eligible.
If you have any questions regarding the Year 12 Masterclasses, please contact Libby Prodger at email@example.com.