Skip to main content

Fee payment

All your fees (University and College) for the year must be paid in full before you can matriculate (matriculation is when you become registered as a graduate student and are made a member of the University and College).

Matriculation will take place on Tuesday, 8th October 2019.  You will not be allowed to start your course if your fees have not been paid.  In subsequent years, if you are unable to pay your fees, you will be asked to leave the University.

A few days before the start of the Michaelmas term we will send your fee bill to your @cam email.  Please use the information available via yourself-service page on CamSIS and the information available on the University website table to determine how much you will be required to pay in fees (this is especially important if you are self-funded).

  • If your fees are to be paid by a recognised funding body then the College will normally collect the fees directly from the authority concerned.  Please complete and submit the online form indicating how your fees will be paid; this will allow us to start the necessary paperwork.
  • If you are funded by other sponsors or self-funded, then the College will invoice you for the total amount of your annual fee. You will be responsible for paying these fees before the 8th October 2019 so that you can matriculate.

Once your place has been confirmed it is essential for you to consider how you will pay your fees and other charges that you will occur here. 

We strongly recommend that you make your fee payment in one of the following ways:

  • By bank transfer from an overseas bank or a UK account to the College bank account:

Account name:

Pembroke College Treasurer’s Account


Barclay’s Bank, 9-11 St Andrews Street, Cambridge CB2 3AA

Sort code:


Account number:


Swift code:




N.B.     If you make a bank transfer please quote either your College account number (if known) or else your initials and surname in the transfer so that the funds are credited to the correct account.

We strongly recommend that funds are transferred in sterling rather than in your local currency, in order to avoid currency fluctuations.

Although we are unable to send your fee bill till a few days before the start of term please allow sufficient time for the transfer of funds to cover your fees – your fee liability is shown on the financial tracker on your CamSIS self-service page.  There may be a bank charge for the transfer of funds from an international account, or a non Barclays account, to the College account.  Please enquire as to any additional charges you may incur.

If for any reason you transfer too much money then this will be offset against your first College bill.

  • By bringing with you a sterling banker’s draft drawn on a United Kingdom bank.
  • By debit card (not credit card – the College does not accept these)
  • If you are unable to pay by any of the above, you should bring your fees with you in the form of sterling traveller’s cheques.

We strongly discourage you from bringing a large amount of cash with you – this is highly risky.

Currency fluctuations

If your primary source of income in the course of the academic year is in a currency other than the pound sterling, then please note that exchange rates can show considerable fluctuations in the course of a few months, involving gains or losses of perhaps as much as 20% or more on untimely conversions.  However, payment of fees by the due date is an absolute requirement of entry.  To safeguard against the danger of non-payment, the College recommends that you open a UK bank account and deposit funds in sterling at the earliest advisable moment.

Recently several students have also had difficulties with funding at a later stage of their course, resulting from sudden fluctuations in currency exchange rates.  It is University and College policy that currency fluctuations are not a valid reason for not honouring the guarantee given.  It may be wise to use a sterling bank account to secure your funds for the entire period of your course.