Making an application
The only way to apply to one of our Semester programmes is through the online application system.
You might also need to apply via your home institution; we recommend contacting the international office or relevant department at your home institution to check.
Completing the application form
There is no need to complete the application in one sitting. You can save pages as you move through the online application process and return to the application at a later date.
You can use the ‘Did you forget your password?’ function on the online application system to get a new password.
Once a new password is applied for do not close your browser session or refresh the page – leave it open and undisturbed, ready to accept the new, auto-generated password the system will send to your registered email address. Refreshing or navigating away from the reset-password page on IP Online will immediately invalidate the new code the system sends you. Therefore, in a new browser window, open your email account to retrieve this email containing your new, auto-generated confirmation code. It should be delivered within ten minutes. You must use this auto-generated password/confirmation code to access your account and immediately change your password to something you can remember easily. You will then be able to navigate to other pages in your account.
The new registration code will be sent to the e-mail address you registered with. If you enter any other email address to reset your password no e-mail will be sent. Use the same e-mail address you registered with and make sure you check your spam folder before trying again.
Supporting documents – Academic transcript
You will need to send an academic transcript from your home university. There are three options for sending the transcript:
- The transcript can be sent by post to: The Spring Semester Programme, Department of International Programmes, Pembroke College, Cambridge, CB2 1RF, UK.
- If your university has the facility to issue officially certified .pdf electronic transcripts they can send it from their institutional email address directly to the Semester Administrators.
- Alternatively, you can ask an official or an academic at your university to email us your scanned copy of the official transcript. They should email us from an institutional email address, and send the transcript to the Semester Administrators.
Supporting documents – Reference letters
Your reference letters have to be written by a lecturer who has regularly taught you at university level in an academic environment ideally as part of your undergraduate course. Teaching Assistants can be referees if they fulfil the criteria listed above. References can be sent in two ways:
- Referees can post their letter to: The Spring Semester Programme, Department of International Programmes, Pembroke College, Cambridge, CB2 1RF, UK.
- Alternatively, referees can send a reference letter from their institutional email address to the Semester Administrators.
Format of the photograph
A passport-style photograph should aid in identifying you. Please provide a photograph which is 50 kB or less in size, 96dpi to 200dpi, 280 pixels wide x 336 pixels high. Please ensure the photo is vertically upright; a forward facing close-up picture of your head and shoulders against a neutral background that is light in colour. There should be no unnecessary accessories worn in the picture (i.e hats, sunglasses, bicycle helmets, etc), unless a covering is for medical or religious reasons.
Please do not submit vacation or casual photos, scans of the photo embedded in your passport – nor of any other part of your passport, ‘selfies’ or yearbook photos.