Skip to main content

Welfare and Pastoral Support

Academic Support

All Pembroke students have both a Director of Studies, and a Personal Tutor, to ensure that they are supported during their time with us.

Directors of Studies are academics in your subject area, and are responsible for arranging your supervisions. Pembroke is well provided to cover a wide range of subjects and topics with supervisors from within the College but, like all Colleges, we also arrange teaching by experts from University departments or other Colleges to match the interests and needs of our undergraduates. Your Director of Studies is the person to go to should you want any advice about studying or your course.

Your Tutor will be someone from outside your subject area. If you ever need advice or support regarding financial or personal issues, big or small, these are the people to go to. Tutors also manage the various College funds that offer financial support to students.

Pastoral Support

On site we have a College Nurse, as well as College Counselors, who can offer help and advice whenever you need it.

There is also a whole range of support services available through the University, including the Disability Resource Centre, the University Counselling Service, and the Student Advice Service.

Junior Parlour Committee (JPC)

The JPC acts as the College's own Students' union, and consists of a range of posts held by students for a year at a time. These include Welfare Officers, an LGBT+ Officer, Disabilities Officer, Access Officers, Ethnic Minorities Officer, Internationals Officer, and more.

The JPC is also responsible for lots of the excellent events that are held in College for our students!